Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So here it is! The pictures of al la house. Of course I have MUCH MUCH more work that needs to be done. But really that's part of the glory of this whole thing isn't it? The befores and afters. First are the not so bad--just a LOT of cleaning and paint to go into. I've also posted some of the changes I've made so far. Here's the living/dining room area. I love love LOVE the fireplace. It's so rustic. But it makes me cheery. I think of Snow White.

Now this is the front room. I still have carpet from the 70s. And I'll continue until I can afford not to. (Trust me it's the next big expenditure after paint) But I love the 3 big windows. It provides so much light and makes the room much bigger.
This is the downstairs finished room. Most of the basement if unfinished or partially finished. This will be turned into my entertainment room. I really like the brick wall on the side. I'm excited to do some work with this.I really don't have to say much with this bedroom other than the floors, believe it or not, are orange. Yep, blue, pink, and orange all collide in this room. It will be so much fun to change. Because, seriously, no matter what I do, it has got to look better than this.

The kitchen colors aren't pretty. The wallpaper is hideous and the holes in the walls make me wonder. But really this is going to be a rather functional room. And I'm going to like it. Especially when I can make it look good.
With this next photo what I want attention drawn to is the broken cupboard at the bottom corner and the middle drawer that is completely missing.

And now a la replacemento. Hopefully I'll get the cupboards painted soon. And replacing the dishwasher.
My Bathrooms were the funnest (READ: worst!) part of everything. My toilets enjoyed it though. They were able to become friends. There they are in my dining room...wrong, on so many levels.
This is my kitchen door entryway. I have no idea how it was done. But I do know that for safety reasons it had to be fixed.
So we did some demo work.
And wa lah! I was too strapped for time and money to do the entire floor. This isn't as pretty but much more economical for my pocketbook.
Now onto the bathrooms. I don't have an original before picture just a during and an after. Just basically imagine the toilet and vanity in tact with linoleum very similar to the kitchen.
And check out this gouged out sink! Do you think they took a jack hammer to it?
Officially floorless.
The bare area was lifting so we replaced the subflooring. I love my father. But we are not the most...skilled at carpentry work.
Even without being skilled in this area of work, I do have to say I'm impressed with our work.
Then onto the finished project. New tile--FREAKING DIFFICULT-- and new vanity with sink. I think they're loverly.
Then there's the master bathroom...not that there's really anything masterful about it. There was never (at least not as long as I saw it, I'm sure there once was...long long ago) real flooring. Just the gross, rotting out, sub-flooring.
YUCK!
Starting to replace the sub-flooring with our Oh-so-amazing skillness
And then the finished project. Woo hoo. I don't have a picture showing the vanity. But whenever I get to actually finishing this, I will. Believe me, I will. As it were, I love the tiling and the colors in this room. It's going to make it much much nicer.

1 comment:

Charlotte Long said...

Lucky!! I want a house!!!! It looks so fun! =D