Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wedding Dreams

So slowly but surely, my wedding is coming along and I'll be so excited to have the next 70-odd days to be through. My colors are green and purple (I know huge surprise) and I have been so blessed with how things are coming along.
However that does not mean that I have not been stressed!

Not trying to brag or anything but in the past I have:
Worked 2 part time jobs (that equaled approximately...20 hours a week), worked on Sterling Scholar portfolio, taken 24 college credits (including which was Human Anatomy & Chemistry--and my lowest grade was a B), 3 high school classes (albeit, really easy classes), maintained my family life and friends and my at-the-time boyfriend.

I have also:
Began my Jr. Year of college at 18, moving 2 hours from home, maintained 16 credit hours, worked 20 hrs/week, tried to befriend roommates, struggled with panic attacks, deal with being away from home AND working with my boyfriend whom I couldn't see and was waiting to go on a mission drama.I also dealt with my childhood best friend getting pregnant and going through the stress of figuring out what to do while I was her biggest support system in the area. ...not to mention a couple of teen-sitting stints from HELLO.

Then there was last year where I was trying to mend my broken heart while working full time and taking an EMT class. Or just a few months ago when I was juggling work, classes, friends and a boyfriend.

With all these things that I've done or gone through they brought experiences for sure. And sometimes they were hard and sometimes I was stressed. But I worked through them normally okay. Most of the time I would look back and realize how crazy it was in hindsight rather than during the fact.

But now...oh boy oh boy...
I can't even imagine what it's going to be like if I have children. But between work, planning a wedding, grad school, arranging things for school for the summer, painting and creating a home, helping him with his school work, arranging time between our schedules to be with each other, working with 5 or 6 different perspectives on how things should be for a wedding. Things have definitely been crazy. But I love them. AND I am so grateful for this time. But I won't complain at all when things start to slow down.

Of  course, if that happens I'll go insane again and have to find something else to make me mindlessly busy. I just work better that way. And really, I don't think I'll ever have a dull moment with Weston. Life will always be interesting, but in the best, most wonderful way that I could imagine.

No comments: