Friday, March 4, 2011

I'M ENGAGED!

Oh my goodness. Talk about events.
I just made the biggest decision of my life last night. And officially:
WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!
I want to shout it to the world. Climb up onto a roof top.
We've been talking about marriage
for the last little while now, we'd even set a date
but Weston hadn't proposed.
I'll admit I wasn't the least bit gracious about it.
In fact, I was pretty much rude and frustrated.
But he wanted it to be a surprise
and boy was it ever!
He'd asked my Dad to take me out to lunch
so that he would have time to plan.
Luckily I never went home afterwards
although I kept thinking about it.
We'd planned just a nice night lazing about
When I got home from work I was surprised at the scene before me


Candles along the stair rail, windows, red and white table cloths


Roses and candles sticks and dinner.
And one very handsome, oh so special, well dressed man.


He gave me a kiss and I just looked stunned.
Then told me to go change into whatever I wanted.
I didn't know what at all to wear.
What does one wear when her boyfriend proposes to her?


We tried to eat a wonderful dinner.
Mostly we just grinned at each other like the fools we are.
But it was delicious and still fabulous.
Then we went for a drive and ended at the Manti Temple.
I know it's corny and overdone but I have always dreamed
of being proposed to at this temple.
See, I first held hands with a boy there, had my first kiss,
I was going to be married there.
I always knew it would be the perfect place to get engaged.
And it so was.
He gave me roses in the car then we trekked up the steps
to one of my favorite spots on temple grounds.
We talked for a little then he got down on one knee
and asked me to spend eternity with him.
I said yes. (Big surprise there.)


My ring, well, it's just stunning.
He did a really good job. We looked at rings and 
I pointed out the ones that I liked and the styles
But he picked it out all by himself.


Afterwards we went to my family's house and told them,
called his family (who are simply amazing)
and then told the whole world.
I still want to shout it on rooftops though. 


I LOVE THIS MAN! 
WE ARE GOING TO SPEND ETERNITY TOGETHER.
To build a life, a home and a family together.
Those are the greatest accomplishments anyone can achieve
And now, we're going to start.

2 comments:

Patsy Nielson said...

Congratulations, we are so excited for you as you start this new part of your life. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but we sure like him more than any of the other guys that we have met thru you!! You held out for the best choice for you. We sure love you girl!!

Charlotte Long said...

Awwww... How romantic!!!! You guys are so cute together! =D I heart you!!!