Monday, August 2, 2010

ODE TO MOTHERS

I really do not know if I will ever fully be able to appreciate all that my mother does.

Look at that classy lady. Seriously I do not know what I would do with out her. If I "grow up" to be like her I will consider my life a success. Really.
I know everyone thinks their Mom's top the cake. And normally for good reasons. My mom is my hero. And I am so grateful to have her in my life. And I do not let her know often enough.
I love that she is willing to step into my life--even when I don't always appreciate it. And how she willingly is there for me even when I get mad at her for stepping in. She is able to tell me what I want to hear especially in the moments that it is the hardest to hear. And she is able to see the truth about why I am reacting a certain way when I do not recognize it.
Seriously, she is my best friend. She listens to me cry and doesn't ever complain to me when my complaints are too repetitive. Really, I cannot tell you how many times I have cried about my whole mess of a relationship--or rather, non-relationship-- and she listens and cries with me and listens to my insults and reminds me of my real feelings. And encourages me to do what I want. She wants me to be happy. And she loves me when I'm not.
She has unconditional love for me. It's beyond what I can imagine. I have met people who haven't understood that. Their parents had limitations and expectations. And she expects me to be the best that I can be. But she still loves me when I don't make that. And I know without a doubt that no matter what I did. Even if it completely disappointed her and broke her heart. She will always love me.
Yep, Mothers are amazing. I am so grateful for this wonderful woman in my life. And I just thought everyone should know. Thanks MOM!

No comments: