Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ending Results

So I finally found a new friend: It's a Singer 7407 and I have to say I love it. I've never been a big sewing person. More because I haven't had the access though. I love sewing when it comes down to it. So I decided that he could be worth my investment. And so far so good. It works like a dream--and that is with me working it too! I even made some things without any pattern. I finally made the cover for my bench. It was this really bad as far as material wise. But now I think it looks marvelous.
Remember this? Yeah, sad isn't it. Well now I actually have this lovely piece of furniture in my front room where all can see. Because it's not tragic anymore. At least I don't think so. Kinda reminds me of a life guarding chair though. Then this sad headboard. He is now a matching set with the table. And looks nice and sparkly. Even if you can't tell from this picture.
Then because I had this spiffy sewing machine I decided I needed a desk for a work place then to go with the desk I needed a chair. I didn't get a picture of the desk--don't know why--but imagine it a lot like the chair. I wanted them to be blue (don't ask I couldn't really tell why) but I found blue paint in the "Oops section" at Home Depot and it worked fabulously. I also bought some fabric to cover the chair. I'm quite pleased with the result. It makes me want to sew even more. Which is good--I have to justify buying a machine. Well that's all folks

1 comment:

Toni de Tiger said...

I LOVE IT! You are AMAZING! That's all I can say! :)