Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rainbows and Sunshine

I am officially 21--Yeah, I feel like an old fogey now (j/k.) It's really quite funny. Because I have been so nervous over this birthday. Already I worry about getting older. I still, in some ways, feel like I'm 18. I don't feel like I've aged since I turned 18--instead I've just gotten more experienced. And really the only achievement I can really celebrate with this age is that I can now officially work with youth if I so deemed. I don't drink. And I doubt I'm going to go gambling. Or clubbing for that matter (although, we'll see about that.) Anywho. So I've been worrying about this. And then I realized that really if I think about it I have already experienced a lot of the "gateways" that make me an official adult--Long before I turned 21. I have already graduated from college (twice >.<) I have worked a paying, benefit-giving full time job for a year. I am working on a masters degree. I have bought a car. I am independent and self-sufficient. I am, in many ways, more adult than many people my age. So I guess I need not freak out so much. My birthday wasn't necessarily a big day. I worked like normal--so 10 hours. But my family did take me to dinner. And there was an amazing rainbow--I haven't seen a rainbow in forever. So this was wonderful. Here's some pictures I got of them. They're not very good because they were on my cell phone. But even still enjoy their glory.

2 comments:

Brit said...

I'm amused by our different perceptions towards our 21st birthdays. I feel so much older, more mature and grown up then I was at 18. I think I'm a completely different person, and that I've been at least 3 different people since I was 18. I've changed so much! Maybe that means I was really immature at 18 :)I was so happy when I turned 21, yay I can rent a hotel room, be the legal guardian of my child, and serve as a god parent to my siblings in case something happened to my parents, and I can finally access the money in my mutual fund. However I still need to graduate from college (twice if you count the med school I'm hoping for). Happy Birthday! I think you'd like working with youth btw.

SariahHunt said...

Aww! Thanks so much Brit. That just made me happy. :D And it's so funny because I know I'm definitely a different person than I was when I was 18. But I don't feel OLDER I just feel more experienced and more mature. But not that I've aged any.