Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Comic Relief

I've been told I need to post more. Which is funny because I really don't have anything to post. (Seriously) However I will provide the world of bloggers (all 4 of you) with the wonders of my weekend. My inconsistencies and my fears. And my joys.

So starting with last week. My little brother (emphasis on little because he's bigger than me) graduated high school. *sob* It really was sad. I can't believe how much life flies by. It just seems ordinary when it is somebody else that is moving onward. His graduation, by the way, was PERFECT. Seriously it was 50 minutes tops. Wonderful. I just about leapt for joy.
That night my mom and I did pedicures. For Mother's Day I gave my mom a coupon that stated a pedicure whenever she wanted. For anyone who knows me this is a huge sacrifice. My mom actually teared up. (alright not quite but I could tell she wanted to ;) ) But for those who are confused I have a deep and abiding hatred of feet. To the extent that it is almost a phobia. But one I have no desire to cure. I almost never voluntarily touch others feet (unless absolutely necessary--like for EMT). And if someone tries to touch my feet they are likely to get an earful and be kicked.

So onward from the disgusting feet story.
Friday was a lazy day with fun crafts. I really want to post pictures of my crafts. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures. But rest assured I will at least post after photos. And the few before pictures that I have. I painted a teapot. Then I made a ribbon board out of an old magnet board. And I finally put together my pillow. So Friday was my very successful craft day in which I luckily did NOT have class. After all my crafting I went to Shrek 4 with Eric and his family. Which was fabulous. I'm sure that boy is getting sick of me. But I LOVE spending time with him.
Saturday was crazy but I got to spend the entire day with Eric (anybody understanding the aspect where he might be sick of me.) This weekend was the Scandinavian Heritage Festival and our ward was doing an service project and manning the information booth. Eric and I had 9-10:30 which is rather humorous because neither of us really had any clue about the Festival. It's been several years since I've gone to the Scandinavian Days. Eric the same (seeing as how he's been gone). So we were relatively useless where information is involved (I don't think I'm supposed to admit that am I?) However we sold bus tours and successfully answered most of the questions presented to us. (I am almost certain I've used that description in a resume somewhere. Alas the joys of my job) ANYWHO ( I'm seriously getting off subject here.) After our hour and 1/2 was done we waltzed around the wonders of the festival (I'm waxing poetic here.) And we ran into my friend, Britain, which was great. (Shout out to you Brit because you're the one who told me to write this--regret it yet?)
After the waltzing Eric helped me try my hands at sprinkler maintenance. (In other words I watched while he tried to set up a sprinkler system.) Then we went over to my family's house for a BBQ--with a LOT of my Mom's family. So Eric had to put up with a lot of people asking him how serious we were.
Oh hilarious moment. My little brother (the one who's bigger than me) declares complete and utter hatred for Eric. Really. We've had a conversation before where he told me that if I truly loved him I'd break up with Eric. I told him that if he really loved me he wouldn't ask that and trust my judgement. Anywho so Eric got there and Braden stuck to him like glue. Eric and I went out to fix my bike Braden followed. Forever. Eventually Eric said he should go and started heading out and Braden started complaining. "But I wanted you to play Halo with me." So Eric spent the next 2 hours playing Halo. (Silly boys)
Anywho the rest of the time was spent with Eric. Sunday was church. Pretty nonchalant.
And Monday was Memorial Day. I would like to take this paragraph to honor our loved ones who have gone. And to honor our servicemen and women. In particular I remembered my McArthur Grandparents, their parents, my Uncle Kelly, my cousin Kris, and my Grandma Roberts. It is so important to remember the past. These people, even though I do not remember the majority of them, still helped shape me into the person I am. They have given me my heritage. And it's extremely important to remember them.
Then last night this is just my silliness but it's also my comic relief for the day. However around 3 in the morning I woke up (it was hot so I wasn't sleeping well to begin with) to my neighbor's dogs barking. This has never happened before. So it frightened me. A lot. Seriously, I lay in bed terrified that there was a serial killer or rapist outside. I knew I shouldn't have watched Bones before I went to bed! As my mind went racing I realized that I forgot to lock my back door. Great. Not only was there a psychopath outside but now he had access to my house. And my dog is NOT going to scare him away. She'd probably want to be his friend.
Here was my biggest problem. I had my windows open in my bedroom and my nightwear was not exactly the type of thing I'd want a serial killer seeing me in. And I figured if I turned on a light it might tempt him. (yeah, my reasoning is flawed) However I kept thinking that every noise I heard was the homicidal maniac coming in through my door to murder me. And I finally got up and locked the door. Then went into every room in my house to ensure that no crazy psycho killers were around. Then slept very deeply once I was reassured. I did however proceed with caution when I went to take Giselle out in the morning. Who knows who could be lurking around. But I am safe and it was all in my melodramatic mind. Although, I do have to give myself props. This is the first time I've been terrified while being in my house alone. "I am woman. Hear me roar."
That's all folks.

No comments: