Thursday, January 28, 2010

Count Your Blessings

I am SO grateful for my life. It's so funny I just deleted two long paragraphs on how much I am so confused and so lost and then I got in a conversation and realized I am SO blessed. So here are the things I am grateful for:
1. My parents--they let me live at home, even after all my whining about hating living at home and being miserable. They love me unconditionally, accept my mistakes and help me through my challenges. They seldom chide me or yell and they constantly love and accept me.
2. My friends-- My friends allow me to be dramatic and quirky and listen to my petty problems as well. The guy friends that I have that want more are so good to still be my friend and accept me and my idiocy and selfishness.
3. My SUU Family--Two of my best friends! They listen to me even though they've faced much worse. They love me and seem think I'm amazing when I'm so human and so not. But in addition, they give me a solution to my problem and come with me to Disneyland.
4. My other self--She listens to me constantly, often putting my meagar petty problems in front of her own. She loves me and tries always to take time out of her life for me.
5. Musicals--Life is just better when broadway music is involved.
6. Coworkers--I genuinely enjoy the people you work with. And they are always available to offer wisdom and advice. They seem to care about me and enjoy me. I hope that's not too narcisstic. Maybe they just put up with me because they have to. But I really enjoy them and the advice and the comradery they offer.
7. My job--it's a double edged sword but I enjoy helping and working with people.
8. My dog--she's a pain and still not potty trained. But mostly that's my fault. She offers up unconditional love and affection even if I only get to see her for 20 minutes as I'm getting ready for bed. Or if I've not given her any attention. I honestly can say its hard to imagine life without her.
9. The gospel--I love the gospel. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part in it and how much it blesses my life. Seriously I'm very grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior. And the love and assistance they offer me.

No comments: