Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Landlords--Old & New

The last post was written on the 4 of January--I think the power must of went out while I was trying to post it.
Life has been going. And really it's been good. I am very blessed to have any amazing family and friends as a great support system. I need it, especially these upcoming weeks. I have to face my fears the end of February and I'm just very grateful that I have a support system in place. I know, as try as I am not to, that he's going to break my heart again. I'm trying to set myself up for it as protection but I'm weak. However, I know that I'm going to be okay, in the end at least.
I have had to deal with landlords this week. My last landlord before I moved home still has not given me my deposit. Which is a little ridiculous seeing that it's been 6 months since I moved out. Well past the legal time. I should have pressed actions quicker. But I did call back in Oct, Nov, and Dec each call informing me that they've mailed it. Joyous.
On a good note I've found a small 1 bedroom apartment so I'll be moving. Which is good. I'm excited to be out from under my parents wings. I love them but it's been difficult living with them after being away for so long. The part I've struggled most with is that I haven't felt like I'm an adult. More like a child. And like I had to prove myself as an adult. Not because my parents treated me like a child. It's more along the lines of my own inadequacies. Now I have a small but quaint spot to call my own. It will be nice. :D I'm very grateful for it. So theres the news in my life. A fear of reruns from the past--and my lovely EMT course. My amazing group of family and friends. And my puppy and I facing the adventures of being by ourselves. It's joyous--really it is. :D

1 comment:

SariahHunt said...

Sadly, this totally failed. Last minute (like the week I was going to move in) my Landlord called me to say that they were going to sell the house. I could have stayed but really, what's the point?