Tuesday, May 10, 2011

UPDATE! On life.

WHEW! Things are getting kinda crazy. Lets cover the important things.
First things first: I get married in 25 days!
And I'm super psyched and just ready to be done with it all.
Planning a wedding is overrated--And part of me loves it. Another part of me just can't wait for it to be over.
The hardest thing has been planning and scheduling. I like details. My mom doesn't. And trying to figure out what I need. And what the best way to do everything is. And how to please everyone--but I'm not. And as much as I try to please myself I have someone complain that I'm just being difficult and red-iculous. In fact, (Here's my rant): I am so sick being told that I'm a Bridezilla when I'm doing my darnedest to make this simple. BUT it's still a wedding and I don't want to sacrifice quality for price.
But that really doesn't matter. I'm sure its something most Bride's deal with and I'll go through the same thing when I have children and they get married.
The important thing, everybody tells me, is that we're getting married in the temple and will be together. Or so they say. And I'm sure people are right. But that's really not that helpful when I'm trying to arrange for luncheons or determine lists. I'm not like others that I know: I do care who's there.
Which comes to my next announcement. My little brother was set to leave on an LDS mission back in March. But it was delayed. We've been waiting to hear when he was going to go out. Things seemed at a standstill and it was looking like it wouldn't be until mid-June to July.  So I finally ordered the boutonniere and got set to buy a tie. He is officially leaving June 1, 2011.
That's right, 3 days before I get married.
Originally I was pretty disappointed. And I'll admit I might pummel the next person who tells me how funny that is or ironic. I know it's ironic. I'm accepting it and SUPER proud of him. He's gone through so much and deserves to be out serving. But that doesn't mean that I don't feel disappointment that he misses my wedding by three days.
It also means that things are going to get even crazier around here.
In fact here's a sample JUST of my wedding week:
May 28--Family coming up May 30--Memorial Day May 31--Work June 1--Go to the MTC June 2--Prepare June 3--Set up, Openhouse in Monroe June 4--Getting married.
His farewell will be on May 22nd. And I am, really, so proud of him.But things will still be crazy. But I guess that's life.

No comments: