Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...Do you know what day it is?

Today is "Make a List of Your Top 10 Favorite TV Characters"...It is also "Hair Dryer Appreciation"I know, I really want to know whose job that is. I think it would be hoppin! You could just make up things all the time. And then people would talk about them. But anywho...since I have a million other things I should be doing that I'm procrastinating I have decided I wanted to put up my Top 10 Favorite TV Characters--so that I can say I fully participated in this day.

1. Seely Booth from Bones. Probably my favortie series at the moment. I like Emily Deschanel and I love the relationship between Bones and Booth and such. But Booth appeals to me more. And it is NOT just because he is attractive (although that is undeniable) It's the fact the he is the counterpart--He's religious, has an inherent sense of duty, honor and goodness. I love that. While Bones presents the purely scientific--he's the human side of things.

2. Garcia from Criminal Minds--could there be a more awesome character? She's hott--actually looks like she's human and gets to flirt with the cutest guy on the team. I love how spunky she can be. But lets face it: Her main appeal to viewers is the fact that she's real. She's human. She's not stick thin. She has insecurities and doubts and she sometimes messes up. Of all the characters out there in TV Land I think Garcia is one of the most believable, and most lovable on this show. Except for the whole computer whiz able to find anything thing.

3. & 4. Leonard and Penny from Big Bang Theory. This show is pretty much, hilarious. I wish it didn't have so much innuendo. Leonard is great because, well, he's freaking adorable. In a pat your head and coo at you sort of way. Like a puppy dog. Penny is fun because she doesn't understand half of whats going on but she learns to accept and love her neighbors that in other conditions she would most likely never speak to.

5. Abby from NCIS. She's like Garcia but thinner and more tattooed and less believable. (I took a forensic class there's no way anybody is that fast or that skilled or has that many databases.) But the appeal with Abby (at least for me) is that she is a bundle of contradictions. She sleeps in a coffin and looks stereotype "goth" but she hugs everybody and cries when something is wrong and reacts with emotions--which TV doesn't normally portray from someone who is "scientifc". She even causes Gibbs to cater to her.

6. Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie--or is it Tony that I love? I'm never sure. But this show is still a personal favorite. I remember when I was little it was the show to watch during the summer.

7. Angela Montenegro from Bones, again. She is gorgeous, spunky and caring. With exception to her...*ahem* open lifestyle I love the personality of this character. If anything I have to hand it to the writers of Bones they put feeling into their characters. They can make them completely oblivious and yet so insightful and they really get a feel in the psyche of the characters. Angela, I feel, is one of the masterpieces. Because they integrate so many emotions within her.

8. Morgan from Criminal Minds. Mmmm, Morgan. I have to be honest he's partly on there because he is so stinking attractive. But I love the relationship they portray between him and Garcia. Theres always an appeal to have an albeit gorgeous, but down to earth and not model thin to end up with the hunk. In addition to this Morgan is the typical boy everyone wants to love. He's caring, secretive and has a chip on his shoulder. As girls, we're such masochists.

9. Reba from, well, Reba. Officially an amazing sitcom. It has very little crude humor, actually teaches life lessons and has a great grasp on systems theory. (Hey, MFT in training.) Reba is adorable, hilarious and always handles what life brings her. Making her very admirable.

10. Sabrina from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. We call this Twinkie TV (well one of my coworkers does and I'm adopting it because it fits) it's one of those things you don't want to advertise that you watch (which I guess, I'm still doing) But it's so fluffy and good that sometimes we just have to have it. Sabrina is always learning and messing up and learning some more. She's good hearted but real--she gets jealous and angry and sad and she doesn't always act appropriately. Thats why I love it.

Well that's that for the TV Characters. I know, they're a little sad. I watch a LOT of crime TV. I don't know why, it's not like the world isn't horrible enough without adding to it. But I love the drama and the side stories, etc.

Now for giving an Ode to Hair Dryers...well, I'm at a loss. I didn't even use my blow dryer this morning. He must feel lost and forgotten. Alas, I'm getting tired of this post.

No comments: