Monday, January 10, 2011

KITCHEN REDO

You've all seen this before:


My kitchen! Sad, inn't it. Unless you like those colors. More power to you then.

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of brown. Or any combination of yellow brown and orange--all together, in one room. And I like my kitchen to be a nice happy place with sunshine.
This doesn't do that for me. Instead I think of the 70s--which I wasn't even alive for. And rainstorms...And the fact that the owners before me obviously had a wood burning stove. And didn't clean the walls--ever.
So FINALLY! The moment of reveal for my kitchen to become a nice place. Where people want to visit. Because, you see, eating is important to me. And I keep blathering when really all you want to see if the picture I'm sure. So here goes:
MY NEW KITCHEN

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! Fabulous right? At least I think so. Definitely a huge, cheerful improvement. And quite like my envisioning of the place.
At first I worried about the black fridge and stove with white cabinets--really I didn't know how I'd like black appliances at .
I find though that I like the contrast better than I think I would white. Forgive the dishwasher though. It stays in its place because as of now, I can live without a new one.



Pretty nifty what a couple gallons of paint, some neat little touches and a inhabitance can do with a place huh? I love it! In fact, I want to spend all my time there. AND I'm now anxious to try the next room.

6 comments:

Charlotte Long said...

I love it!!!!!

Mariah said...

It is really cute! Great job!

Heather said...

Adorable!!! If I had seen that kitchen without knowing who's it was I would have to say is this Sariah's? I Love it!

Kristy said...

I love it!! Especially the cabinents. Were they hard to paint? I want to paint ours but Mike is not on board with that idea YET!! lol

Tanielle Callaway said...

So, so cute!!! I love it. I also love the bright colors. Good job, Sariah!! I'll have to come and see it in person.

Allison Stuart said...

Wow!!! What a big difference! I am super impressed. It's awesome!