Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ask and Ye Shall Recieve

Through a great deal of boredom I began looking at facebook (never a good sign really) and I just recognized (I'm freaking a lot slow) how Heavenly Father answers my prayers. In a way that is completely beyond my imagination.

I was reading old notes between a friend and I on facebook. They weren't terribly old (from like...the end of March.) I talked about needing patience--I have always failed at that subject. And how I just needed to have patience because at the time I didn't really know where my life was going. I knew I wanted one (or more) of the 3 M's (Mission, Masters, Marriage). I was hoping for the mission to give me purpose but didn't feel it was right. I figured that for most masters degrees I wouldn't be able to get in until Fall of 2011. Marriage, I was still mooning over my ex-missionary. And I'm not a huge social person to go out and date all the time. I told my friend that instead I was left with 2 W's, 2 P's, and an F (Work, Wait, Patience, Prayer and Faith) I honestly didn't know what my next step was. I just though I knew what it wasn't. Surprise surprise. Heavenly Father does things on His terms in His time. And really, my life generally turns out better that I was originally planning on.

I'm starting a Masters program. Which is insane! I'm a 20 year old graduate student. Yeah, I'm a little conceited I guess, since I get all excited over that. I also scares me. I feel so young, maybe I don't have the life experience. I am going into Marriage and Family Therapy--several people have told me that since I'm not married and I'm younger I won't have a clientele base. I have been blessed with wonderful family and amazing friends who support me. I have decided: A therapist does not need to be a schizophrenic to treat someone with schizophrenia. A doctor does not need to have had lupus to treat a patient with lupus. While being married and having a family are things I eventually hope to have--and hopefully even before I receive my degree--they are not prerequisites for being a good M/F Therapist.

And even more crazily is the fact that Eric and I are dating. Please note that marriage is NOT part of the equation for now. It's insane as it is. It's only been a week (in which he has been gone for) but it makes me happy. And I am very blessed to have the family and support system I do. To go with me. Not to point out "I told you so's" My life is wonderful. I am so blessed with it all. I have an excellent job, great co-workers, a crazy dog, my own apartment (in which I have been blessed with everything concerning furnishing), a boyfriend, and in 2 weeks I will be starting school again. I have excellent friends. My 2 best friends are most likely getting married this summer. And even through that they still have time for me. Because they are awesome.

Basically though what I'm trying to say is that I've been very blessed. A month ago I didn't know where my life was going and I was convinced that I was miserable because of that. Now I realize even having a structure in my life I don't always know where I am going. But I'm going to enjoy the ride. And remember that things do sometimes turn out the way I'd like...they just generally don't work out that way right off. :D

If…
If you could become an expert in any subject or activity it would be emotions, especially in regards to body language.
If you could have dinner with anyone currently alive, it would be Hmm...my boyfriend. Which is silly. Because that one will come true. But it also makes it apparant that I'm missing him.
If you could meet any fictional character it would be Percy Blakeney, except he's in love with Marguerite. Zooks!
If you could change one thing about your present life It would be not be snowing. And I would be more moneywise.
If you could live anywhere you wanted, I would live Maybe in my own house, but I'd still like to be in my small town.
If you could go back in time and change one things from your past, I would change My ingratitude especially towards my parents.
If I had superpowers I would have wings and would fly up to the clouds. I just think wings look cool.
If I became a millionaire overnight, I would pay for my college education, my own place, and then pretend to be a good investor.
If I could choose any year to have been born I would have chosen the year AD 33 in America because being someone around for 3 Nephi would completely be marvelous.
If I were a born as an animal, I would have chosen to be a tiger or a monkey because tigers are the ultimate feline. Ferocious and gorgeous. Monkeys still have opposable thumbs.
If I could live a day without consequences I would kiss a stranger. Ask stupid questions. Paint my apartment.
If a genie granted me three wishes I would wish for joy. A house. Money to get me through all the schooling I desire.
If I knew I could not fail for one day I would go take the EMT certification. Approach an enemy about forgiveness.

This thing made me happy for my life.

No comments: