Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Princesses on Ice



Last Wednesday (11-11-09) I went to Disney Princesses on Ice with some friends! *pause to let everyone wonder why someone not of the ages 3-11 would want to voluntarily go to that without the influence of someone of said ages* Really it was so great. Very, very enjoyable. (At least to me.) I had work off that day and was so grateful to have something to do. And seriously, I adore all things Disney.


It was great though. I went with my best friend and one of our guy friends. There really was no force involved in getting him to come, despite what he says. I also adored seeing the masses of little girls dressed up in their Disney Princess costumes. We even saw some little boys in Prince crowns and carrying swords. It really was so great. I struggle expressing how much fun I had with it. Ode to Disney and it's multitude of characters.
After the show we all went and watched Godzilla (had to feed my guy friend testosterone I guess.) It really was rather entertaining and certainly an improvement from the 1970s version of the show--I never could get over the screaming oriental people who miraculously speak english or the robotic movements of the giant lizard. I gush over those type of things in musicals but not in movies. It was very enjoyable still. Made me feel rebellious (I really need to get over that) because I didn't get home until 3 in the morning and I had work at 7 the next morning. It was all good though. Life really is enjoyable.
I still struggle with the whole broken heart thing. And I complain a lot about needing to have a social life. Which I do. But I am grateful for life. And for the little (& big things in it.) My next adventure involves High School Musical (my little brother is in the play--I can honestly say those are some Disney movies I do NOT adore) and New Moon (in which I'll critique and roll my eyes because they'll never capture the book.) So stay tuned to the meiserly life of me.

No comments: