Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More details...because I know you care

I am getting married in exactly 2 months from the day and am so excited. It's wonderful how things are falling in place just simply
I was worried for a bit on how certain things would pan out. Like colors. See...my colors are Green and Purple. (Not that anyone is surprised with that) But...they are
 Dark Plum
 And Kiwi Green
   I want all the girls in our families to be in the dark plum. And the boys in the green. 
The boys have been easy. We just went to the store "Tie One On" at the mall. They have great prices with ties. And they give you discounts if you buy more than one. 
We bought ties for our 3 brothers, his Brother-in-law, his best friend and our 3 living grandpas.


They will wear these ties, the pocket squares and since its more casual, they will have long sleeve white dress shirts and black pants. Simple. And something they might wear again.
The Dad's we were planning on renting tuxes...then when we decided not to do a reception so we were going to rent just the vest and tie. Then it turned out that it was only $10 more to just buy the vest and ties. So they look like this:
 
just imagine a Vest with them. They're paisley. And really  great they aren't matchy-matchy but they still look like they fit so hopefully things will be great. Really though, I think it's just going to be nice to have everyone look nice. And like they all fit together. That's my biggest worry. I want everyone to look like they're daughter, son, brother, sister (etc) is getting married!
Then there are the little girl dresses. They're not the PERFECT purple.
But that was the biggest problem with the purple--It's not really a spring color.
We kept joking that I was going to just have to wait until September to get married so that I could get my purple color. But we improvised. And I have tried NOT to be such a drama queen and loosen up a little.
And the 3 little girls (Weston's 5 yr old sister, 4 year old & 1 year old nieces) will look stinking adorable in their dresses!
 
His other sisters were more difficult. One of them hates purple. And the other 2 really don't think that they'll wear it that often and I wanted dresses they'll wear more than once. So. Once again: COMPROMISE. (Hey I'm almost getting good at this. I agreed they could get black dresses.And then the same bolero jacket so that they still matched but fit according to what they would want. 
I think the jackets are great. I'm actually going to wear one at the Open house since I'm not going to be in my dress.It's also good to know that it will be easier for them.
However, since the sisters wouldn't be wearing the purple color much I really really wanted the mothers to wear it. That was quite the feat, I'll say. But in the end we were very blessed. His mom found one on sale for about 65% off!

 It's very similar to this
 

But is actually prettier with more of a flowing skirt and beading on the top of the bodice and the bottom of the skirt.
My mom's wasn't so easy. And the dress she bought wasn't particularly what she wanted. We were actually surprised with how flattering it was though.

Okay, this actually isn't even close--But it has the tiered ruffles, and then a bolero jacket over it and is around knee length. She bought it with the intent to alter it but we couldn't find fabric that matched when we went fabric shopping.  We came home and remembered that in High School I had bought a dress for prom my Senior year that I never wore (arrived the day AFTER prom AND wasn't that pretty.) It was the same color so we just casually compare. PERFECT match. We will add another tier to make it a little bit longer and then fix the sleeves so that they will work better. 
Then we also got my wedding dress.
Originally I've been meaning to rent one. In fact I was very gung hoe about it.
However, I really didn't have a very good experience at the dress rental shop customer service wise. And when we considered all the trips we'd have to take including the struggle it would be to get the dress back after the wedding we decided we'd look around and see. 
And I'm glad we did. I found the perfect dress! And there was a greatly ridiculous sale that was 15% off!--Including sales tax! All I can say is thank goodness for General Conference since that was the cause for the sale. So...so far everything is good as far as things go for how people are dressed.

2 comments:

Papasan said...

We saw this baby baby girl purple dress on your blog and absolutely fell in love with it. Can you tell us where this can be purchased and if its available in 12 months?

SariahHunt said...

We bought the Little Girl dresses at JC Penny--but I remember also seeing similar ones at Macy's. I'm not for sure if they will be available though, I was able to find them online.